Top 10 Best Electric Shaver Review 2018
Best electric shaver for men are a key essential for day to day grooming. They are portable, easy to use and help in keeping hair trimmed. With the amount of technology and sophisticated designs being used by top manufacturers, users can experience results like never before. Companies like Braun, Panasonic and Philips have some of the best electric shaver.
Each of these companies developed their own kind of technology which gives a subtle change in performance. Some purist still believe that the razor and gel combination gives the right shave but having an best electric shaver has its own advantages.
The list that we have compiled includes shavers from a wide range of models in terms of price and functionality. According to your requirement, you can narrow down from the list, best electric shaver suits your requirement the best.
Top 10 Best Electric Shaver Comparison Table
|SHAVER NAME||TYPE||OUR RATING|
|Braun Series 7 790cc-4 |
|Foil||4.7 / 5|
|Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc4||Foil||4.3 / 5|
|Panasonic ES8243A Arc 4||Foil||4.4 / 5|
|Philips Norelco 1150X/40||Foil||4.3 / 5|
|Philips Norelco S9311/87||Foil||4.2 / 5|
|Philips Norelco Shaver 7300||Foil||4.2 / 5|
|Panasonic ES-LV81-K, Arc5||Foil||4.4 / 5|
|Panasonic ES-LA93-K, Arc4||Foil||4.2 / 5|
|Braun Series 9 9090cc||Foil||4.3 / 5|
|Philips Norelco Shaver 4500||Foil||4.2 / 5|
Without further delay, let’s jump in and reveal the best Electric shaver to buy.
#1. Braun Series 7 790CC – “Best Electric Shaver”
The Braun series 7 790cc shaver has a well designed sleek body and comes with many sophisticated features. Just like a quintessential German product it speaks of latest features and long term durability. It is best electric shaver.
It has some unique technology features which really complement its performance. Braun has implemented Sonic technology on this particular electric shaver which increases or reduces power according to hair thickness.
Before we further explore its features let us first look at its appearance. It has some beautiful contours which help it to comfortably fit in your hand. The LED display adds to the look of the product.
Let us look at the main features before we go for a further analysis-
- The intelligent Sonic Technology varies the power as per the hair thickness, which helps it to trim thick hair.
- It can go up to 10,000 micro vibrations per minute if required. It has an ActiveLift trimmer, which helps in cutting flat-lying hair.
- It has a 2X OptiFoil which gives you a closer shave.
- It can shave 0.05 mm closer to the surface.
- It has an advanced clean and charge station, hygienically cleans the best electric shaver with alcohol and charges it.
- There are three different shaving modes according to the facial features. The best electric shaver is waterproof and easy to clean.
- It is made in Germany and has a guarantee for 7 years.
- The intelligent Sonic technology works great to change the amount of power for a better shave on various thickness of hair.
- It is fully waterproof and one can clean it with running water before putting it into the charging station.
- The side trimmer is helpful in shaping beard and sideburn.
- The head contour is flexible which helps in shaving different parts of the face.
- It can shave very close to the surface and give a smooth result.
- One of the downsides is that even after all the technological advancement the best electric shaver is till a bit loud.
- Cleaning station needs to be regularly recharged with a solution and they may not be good for long term use.
- The lithium ion battery only provides 50 minutes of shavings time, with each charge.
#2. Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc4 – “Best Electric Shaver”
Panasonic Arc4 is a cordless best electric Shaver for men. The design me look grubby in the beginning button it is a powerful device with many high-quality features. The Arc4 stands for 4 razor blades in the shaver. It has a light body and a smooth ergonomics design.
There is a 10 stage LED display on the handle giving all the information from battery status to the current settings. The shaver has 4 ultra sharp hypoallergenic razor blades.
These blades can go up to 14000 vibrations per minute on each of the 4 blades. It has a multiflex razor head that gives easy side to side and back and forth movement making it easy to use on different areas of the body.
Let us look at the main features first and then go into a further analysis-
- It works on a fast hyper performance dual motor which is capable of going at 14,000 cuts per minute.
- It has nanotech blades at a precision honed 30-degree angle.
- The head is multiflex pivotal allows the shaver to glide smoothly along the different contours of the face.
- It has a wet and dry option for different conditions.
- It contains a 10 stage LED which helps in checking the power status, different modes and settings.
- It comes with an AC recharger and travel pouch.
- A charging of 1 hour can last up to 45 minutes.
- It is waterproof.
- It gives a smooth and close shave for your face and can also be used for the top of your head easily.
- It charges really fast and one can have 45 minutes run time on 1 hour of charging.
- It can be easily used in the shower thanks to its waterproofing.
- The LED display gives all the necessary information in an easy to read form.
- The blades will have to be replaced regularly.
- There is no charging station.
#3. Panasonic Linear ES8243A Arc4 – “Best Electric Shaver”
For someone for whom the ES LA63 will look like a lawn mower and not desiring the extra high power, the ES8243A is the more sobered down version. It is still more powerful than its contemporaries hosted by different companies and can give out 13,000 cpm. The LCD display is, however, quite advanced and gives a lot of details in a legible form.
Let us take a look at its basic feature-
- It comes with 4 ultra sharp nanotechnology blades for a closer shave.
- It has an ultra thin Multi-Fit Arc 4 foil to smoothly cover the facial features.
- Flexible pivoting of the head to help easy gliding over the contours.
- The linear motor gives 13,000 cpm.
- It is fully waterproof.
- 10 stage LCD display.
- It comes with an AC adapter and a travel pouch.
- The 10 stage LCD display gives all the information right on the handle to see.
- The shave is smooth and close and one can use their favourite gel or creams to get their shave just like the way they want it.
- The waterproofing is good and required and they give a nice travel carry bag.
- Just like its sister model the blades need to be changed after some time.
- There is no separate charging station.
#4. Philips Norelco Shaver 6100 – “Best Electric Shaver”
The Philips Norelco 1150X has a space age type of design and is very unusual in respect to it peers. So, we can expect varying performance stats as well. It is priced significantly lower than its competition and that makes a big plus point if you are shopping on a budget.
The shaving head is ideally said to be replaced every 1 year, so that will significantly increase the costs for a long term use and there is always a dependency on a particular replacement part which may not be available at every location. Nevertheless
Let us look at the main features and see if this is a device which can be taken seriously –
- Gyroflex 2D contour-following system to give you a close shave over different features.
- Dual Precision stubs are able to shave off even the shortest hairs.
- It comes with a charging stand.
- It has a click-on precision trimmer head.
- It has a power cord and separate cleaning brush.
- It can go on for 50 minutes on a full charge and a small 5-minute charging will help it run for at least one shave.
- The lithium ion battery gives very good performance.
- The battery can be fully charged in one hour for which it will give 40 minutes of shaving time and just a short 5-minute charging can give you a single shave.
- It works well when shaving with a gel or cream to give a smoother shave. The shaver is slightly on the heavier side and weighs in at slightly over 1 pound.
- It gives a good shave at other parts of the body like a neck.
- The battery performance is good.
- It does not have the shaving power to cleanly shave the skin on one or two strokes.
- You may have to repeatedly shave to get all the hair out.
- The charging indicator does not give a proper indication for the full charge.
#5. Philips Norelco Shaver 9300 – “Best Electric Shaver”
We continue with the futuristic design of Philips Norelco series, it really seems to have touched a chord with the makers. The design comes in a sleek silver grey outer body and a black inner section. It has three circular razors on the head angled in different outward directions for maximum coverage.
Does it manage to clean shave on the very first stroke, well that is highly unlikely because this shaver class does not have the high powered piranha-like sharp razors which will do the job in just a couple of swipes, still, for many users this electric shaver just might give enough for what is required.
Let us see the main points-
- It has Contour Detect Technology where each shaving head is capable of moving in 8 separate directions to be able to cut the hair more evenly.
- It has a three speed setting for different types of hair.
- There is a SmartClean system designed to recharge and clean the shaver.
- It is waterproof.
- It has a LED display.
- Quick charging Lithium Ion battery.
- The shaving heads can move independently in 8 different directions giving it a much smoother and closer performance.
- The cleaning is taken care of by the SmartClean system.
- It is strongly built and can be easily used in the shower.
- It is more expensive than other Philips Norelco model.
- The heads have to be replaced yearly.
#6. Philips Norelco Shaver 7300 – “Best Electric Shaver”
The Philips Norelco 7300 S7370/87 retains the mainstay design of Philips Norelco shavers with 3 heads having 5 direction movement. This model, however, is designed especially for sensitive skin, so for users who have been having a hard time finding the right shaver for their sensitive skins then this shaver just might be the answer.
The users will be happy to know that it has all the features as they are in similar models of Philips Norelco.
So it will be to take a quick overview of these features and then we will take a closer look-
- LED display for the shaver gives the essential information of battery status, when the shaving head needs to be changed and whether the travel lock is on (a good feature if you are carrying in our bag and don’t want it to get switched on accidentally) You are free to use different gels and creams along with your shave with the Aquatec technology.
- The SmartClean system uses non-alcoholic solution to clean the shaver heads. The system enhances long-term performance with better blade lubrication while it charges the shaver.
- It is fully waterproof.
- It comes with a deluxe carry bag.
- Gives extra comfort for sensitive skin.
- Its SmartClean system makes the cleaning easy.
- The shaver head design of the Philips Norelco gives extra coverage for a better shave.
- It is slightly expensive than other models.
- It is not as powerful as other electric shavers.
#7. Panasonic Arc 5 – “Best Electric Shaver”
Panasonic has come to you with its high powered electric shaver the ES-LV81-K Arc5 it is a significant advancement from the Arc4 series of Panasonic while retaining the characteristics of the earlier models, it has taken a leap in its features and pricing.
The blades are aligned in the basic form of a single line but the head is MultiFlex also having blades in one line and at a particular gives a closer shave. Talk about the angle the blades are at 30 degrees and hypoallergic which help it to lift and cut even the flat lying hairs and you will not have to be embarrassed by having a moment where someone else points out that lone hair on your chin or your neck.
The motor does give a powerful performance and the linear motor is capable of giving 14,000 cpm (cuts per minute) if you multiply by the 5 independent blades then that gives a staggering 70,000 cuts total per minute. This is definitely a model for users who have fast hair growth and their hair is thick and hard. One of the best things about having a shaver like this is that it will do the job efficiently and quickly, within only a couple of swipes you can get a smooth and deep shave.
This is very welcome for users who do not have the time to keep swiping their shaver for that smooth and close finish and would rather be done in a couple of runs. The cleaning system is quite big and does take a significant amount of space but it uses a non-alcoholic solution to do the job and keeps your razor head in top condition.
Let us look at the main features of this best electric shaver before we do a closer analysis-
- It uses 5 ultra sharp hypoallergic blades placed at an angle of 30 degrees for a closer shave and pick up flat-lying hair as well.
- The linear motor gives out 14,000 cut per minute for each of the blades and for a total of 5 blades it adds up to 70,000 cpm.
- The MultiFlex pivoting head helps in navigating through different contours and curves of the face and other areas. The Multi Fit ARC foil helps in smoothening the contact on different areas so that there is no irritation afterwards.
- It comes with a premium automatic charging station which cleans, dries and charges the shaver and keeps it ready for the next use. The solution used for cleaning is non-alcoholic.
- It has a pop-up trimmer which takes care of the sideburn and moustache trimming.
- It has a wet and dry capability and can easily work with shaving gels. It is also fully waterproof.
- The LED display is of 10 stages and provides all the basic information like charging status.
- It is powerful and capable of giving a close shave in a fast time.
- For users with sensitive skin, it is one highly rated best electric shavers.
- Even after having a powerful motor it has relatively noise free operation.
- The cleaning system needs to be refilled after some time and that can add to the cost in the long run, as it is already one of the most expensive shavers in the market.
- The LCD displays all the required information but it remains active only for a few seconds before you have to click it on again.
- The shaver has 5 blades which make it quite powerful but at the same time difficult to manoeuvre in narrow areas like between the nose and lips.
#8. Panasonic Arc 4 – “Best Electric Shaver”
The Panasonic ES LA93 Arc4 is a sleek-looking best electric shaver which is powerful and has a good design. The elegant black coloured body fits well into the hand and has a cleaning and charging station.
The shaver has great looks if that is one of the sway factors for the customer as it will look good on any shelf. It is cordless and the charging station provides the recharge for the batteries. It is ergonomically designed and one can use in the shower or with a shaving gel.
Like other Panasonic shavers, it is one of the most powerful best electric shavers available but still remains quiet during operation. The 4 blades work separately each at 14,000 cpm.
Let us go through the main features first –
- It has a dual motor shaving system with 4 blades which are angled at 30 degrees so that they can act on even the flat-lying hair.
- The dual motor operation is such that one motor operates the blades at 14,000 cpm while the other motor moves the blades in sideway directions so that they are able to get a better hold on the hair.
- The MultiFit ARC foils provide smooth and gentle operation on various contours of the face.
- It has an automatic cleaning and charging station, which cleans, dries and recharges the shaver so it is ready for the next use.
- It can also be easily rinsed in water for cleaning.
- It has a pop-up trimmer which works well to shape sideburns and moustache.
- There is a 10 stage LCD display on the handle which gives all the basic information like the charge status, mode and setting.
- It is a wet and dry shaver and is completely waterproof.
- Gives a smooth and close shave in just a few runs.
- It has a sleek ergonomic design.
- The charging station does not require a solution for cleaning.
- It is slightly expensive and the charging station requires new cartridges for cleaning.
- It can be a bit bulky for shaving on the narrow contours.
#9. Braun Series 9 9090cc – “Best Electric Shaver”
The Braun Series 9 9090cc has the unique distinction of being the fastest shaver and has been heavily promoted. It has an elegant silver metallic design and fits nicely in the palm of your hand.
It works splendidly for wet and dry use and has its own cleaning centre. It is priced on the higher side but Braun brings its quality and latest technology. It has a well designed round power button on the near centre of the handle and a small LCD display, in terms of design aesthetics this device speaks of high sophistication. It is an ergonomic design and it will not slip easily.
The Sonic technology vibrates the blades 40,000 times per minute. Even if you have taken it easy for a few days and now have considerable facial hair the Braun 9 9090cc will take care of it in very less time.
Let us go through the main features-
- It has 4 flexible cutting elements mounted on a pivotal head.
- It comes with two sets of motion – MicroMotion and MacroMotion which give a higher degree of skin contact for facial adaptability.
- It has Intelligent SynchroSonic technology which can go at 40,000 vibrations per minute.
- It has a cleaning charging station which is capable of giving 5 actions for an alcohol based clean and storage system.
- It gives a smooth and close shave.
- It has a unique cleaning unit with 5 stage action.
- The trimmer works well to trim the moustache or beard.
- It is slightly over priced.
#10. Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 – “Best Electric Shaver”
The Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 is the shaver with the trademark 3 shaving heads design. It is a cordless rechargeable shaver and has got the basic features set which makes it rather inexpensive, so for budget shoppers, it can make a good choice.
It can be used in both dry and wet modes give a good close shave. It has a curvy ergonomic design and fits well in your hand. The dual precision shaving heads are able to cut if the hair of different lengths. The colour is the standard grey and black
matte finish. It has a good battery strength and can go up to 50 minutes on a single charge.
Let us take a look at the main features –
- It has dual precision heads designed to cut long and short hair.
- Philips Aquatec technology works well to give wet and dry use.
- The shaving head lasts up to 12 months before replacement.
- It has a pop-up trimmer for trimming sideburns and moustache.
- It has a low cost and can be easily carried around with it not having any bulky charging stations.
- The shave is smooth and close.
- It does not have a separate charging station and the cleaning unit.
- The shaving head needs to be replaced every 12 months.
- It does not have the power as other shavers and can take more time to shave.
Rotary vs Foil Shaver – Which is best for you?
I favor Foil shavers over shavers due to the closeness, smoothness, and design.
Shavers were introduced first to provide comfortable shaving experience and shaving mind. Undoubtedly that shavers are more comfortable when compared to the foil shavers however they failed to provide a close shave.
Whereas on the other hand, foil shavers are specialist in closeness. They contain sharp blades and innovative technology which I really like.
- Led Indicator: A charger with a light emitting diode mark is sufficient to continue to keep you pleased with the current battery amount. Let you know once you attached to the charger and also caution you with the batterylife.
- Corded and Cordless Shaving: Several of those electric razors permit one to shave while the electric shaver plugged in while some do not. Braun series 9 does not allow shaved while Braun series 7 really do allow it.
- Simple to use and wash: make certain the electric razors design is simple to use and wash. All of electric razors listed above are simple to use and simple to wash. The majority of the electric razors previously come with Cleaning dock, all you’ve got to do is to set the shaver inside that dock and then press the button, which dock will wash your shaver. Some models do not come with this specific cleaning dock, and that means you’ve got to perform it by hand. But this wont require a lot more than 1 minute!
- Pop up Trimmer: the majority of the shavers arrive with an integrated trimmer which is often popped up.
- Wet & Dry Technology: Wet&Dry technology lets best electric razors to be used either beneath the bathtub or on tender skin. If you have a sensitive skin, you then might want shaving with gel foam. That is where this tech is sold convenient.
Hello guys! I’m so glad you’re here. I’m Pawan Joshi and welcome my personal Blog! I started Bestshaverreview.com to provide unbiased reviews in the form of Top 5 & Top 10 Lists.